Learn Latin online by practicing with a native speaker who is learning your language.
Write or speak Latin online to improve grammar or conversation.
A language exchange complements other forms of learning such as classroom,
cultural immersion and multimedia, because you get to practice
all that you have learned
with native speakers in a safe and supportive environment.
Advantages of language exchange learning include:
Language exchange learning is also inexpensive because we provide free tips and conversation lesson plans
that allow you to do a language exchange on your own.
- Learning the real Latin language (slang, expressions, etc.) used by ordinary native speakers
- Getting accustomed to the way native speakers speak in real (casual) Latin conversation
- Making a friend in the Latin-speaking culture.
For more advantages, please see why do a language exchange.
What You Can Do Here
Here at MyLanguageExchange.com, you can
We provide free, helpful guidelines and tips on how to do a language exchange,
as well as free
lesson plans designed by an expert in
language exchange learning. The activities are fun so you can easily "break the ice" with your
new learning partner and get effective practice.
- Find Latin-speaking language exchange partners.
- Practice your Latin by writing emails (pen pals).
- Practice written conversation using text chat.
- Practice speaking using voice chat.
In short, you have everything you need to practice and learn Latin via a language exchange.
Email, Text Chat or Voice Chat?
The type of exchange that is right for you depends on your proficiency level in Latin
and your learning goals. Find out which
type of language exchange is right for you.
Before you begin practicing, please read the free guideline, How To Do A Language Exchange
for hints on doing an effective language exchange.
Find a Partner Now
Find a Latin language exchange partner
now, and have fun!
|Find a Latin-speaking Partner|
Click here for advanced search.
MyLanguageExchange.com is doing "extraordinary things online."
- January 2001
"Our level of knowledge has increased a lot. You made my dream come true."
- Juan José Guerrero, Seville (Spain)
February 25, 2002
Read entire testimonial
What is a language exchange?|
Why do a language exchange?|
How to do a language exchange?|
Sign up now - add your free profile!|
"My language exchange is working wonderfully."
..."We couldn't be happier with the exchange. Thank you for setting it all up.
Thank you for everything."
- John C., New York, United States, March 29, 2001
"It has been a great experience for me so far."
..."this is my #1 favorite online site. Thanks."
- United States, March 29, 2001
..."I'll be using your site to practice my French, and I'll
recommend it to everyone I know.
- Katerina Vallianatos, ESL Teacher, U.S.A., January 1, 2001
..."Cela fait environ un mois que je cherche des sites
de ce genre sans en rencontrer un à mon goût. Je vous félicite vraiment et vous remercie beaucoup.
Continuer votre beau travail."
- Paskoila, St-jean (québec) Canada, November 3, 2001
"I recommended your site to my Spanish professors and other
students. I think it's a great idea!" ..."I will use it more in the
future as a teacher. Thanks."
- United States, March 29, 2001
..."finally something useful on the Internet."
- Niel Smith, Silicon Valley, California, U.S.A., February 9, 2001
Read the full testimonials